“Classy, Rich & Soulful” Classic Rock“
Absolutely Superb” Bob Harris BBC Radio 2
2019 in numbers
1. ‘Song of the Year’ nomination at The Americana Awards UK 2020. Results at a big awards show at the Troxy in London on 30th January.
2. 2019 has seen Elles sharing stages with Beth Hart, Grammy Award Winner – Mike Farris, Fast rising superstar Kris Barras, UK Blues Rock Royalty – King King as well as selling out her own headline tour dates in the UK and Europe playing across 16 different countries.
3. 2019 – Elles has risen up the festival listings playing main stage slots including a coveted slot at Ramblin Man on the Blues stage and in 2020 she will be heading out into the Med as part of Joe Bonamassa coveted Blues Cruise in August 2020
4. Over 4 Million total streams on Spotify
5. Support form Bob Harris & Cerys Matthews from BBC Radio 2 and over 20 BBC stations in the UK supporting the singles from Road I Call Home. Hundreds of Independent radio spins and a number 1 spot on the IBBA Radio Charts.
6. Road I Call home charted at number 1 on Amazon Blues Charts, and in the official UK Country and Americana Charts.
It’s been a hell of a year for the super-smoky-voiced, hard-working, far-touring chanteuse Elles Bailey. On 8th March, she dropped her eagerly-anticipated second album ‘Road I Call Home’ to rave reviews, with the album charting in the Official UK Country Charts & Americana charts, gaining over 1 million streams since its release and reaching No.1 on the Amazon Blues Bestseller chart
A a self-confessed ‘rolling stone’ – Elles genuinely does call ‘the road’ home. She’s continued her wide-ranging headline touring throughout the UK and Europe and this autumn, she will also be a special guest of Martin Harley, The Kris Barras Band and King King.
2018/19 has also seen Elles Bailey move up the festival listings becoming a featured artist at key festivals including Black Deer, Swing Wesplaar, Ramblin’ Man Fair, & The GB R&B Festival. She featured in Nashville’s Americana Fest and in December 2019 she’s been invited to play live on National Radio 2, Holland.
Blacktop Companion is a special 9-track companion disc for Elles’s successful second album Road I Call Home. It’s available for order on her website and features 3 fully-produced, previously-unheard tracks from Elles’ Road I Call Home recording sessions in Nashville; 3 live-in-the-studio alt band versions of songs from Road I Call Home; acoustic versions of Miss Me When I’m Gone and Medicine Man; & a cover of Levon Helm’s When I Go Away.
“For me,” Elles reflects, “Blacktop Companion marks the continuation of this epic Road I Call Home adventure that I have travelled for the last year or so and it tells a lot more of the story! It also highlights my incredible live band who have toured this record with me, and I am so grateful for their talents, humour and for just being wonderful human beings!’
Elles Bailey’s live band are: Joe Wilkins – Guitar, Matthew Waer – Bass, Jonny Henderson – Organ and Matthew Jones – Drums